Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mix It Up at Foxwoods, ONE TIME!


So it has been about a minute since I last wrote on here. I guess it would have to be something to due with the fact that I only work and sleep. Rough life huh?


I think I have decided that my favorite people in the poker room have to be the omaha 8/b players. I don't know of any them by name or think they are particularly better players or even more friendly. I just really enjoy them because they seem to be the only one's open-minded enough to attempt to start mixed games... or at least they are the only ones to discuss it.

I like them enough where I was concentrated merely on what my thoughts were about how they should go about getting these games running, and which one's I thought were to their interest. Because of this I almost mucked the winning high hand in a pot and was furious at myself for it.


Honestly, I think a mid-stakes 7-game mix would actually run rather frequently, HORSE + NLHE and PLO, if promoted enough. Something like a 10-20 for the limit games and 2/5 for the big bet games. The limit mix game players would have a big enough edge in the limit games to make it worth their while to play against the big bet guys. The stud players should want to play because they will have a decent edge in the three stud-discipline games and probably feel comfortable enough playing lhe. The big bet guys will believe they have enough of an edge in the two big bet games to generate enough money from those to make up their lack of competence in others.

Honestly, I think the limit game players would clean up shop at first. That is why a 5/10 NLHE player, with minimal win rates, should consider losing a little at first in this game. It will be worth their while to be able to push their bigger edge in a big bet game enough to increase their win rate, once they manage to become more aware of how to play the limit games. Because by that time the limit players will just believe they are running bad, since they enjoyed a good run. And to be honest those guys have enough money to dump off for long enough to make the game run for a while.

I think it would be a pretty good weekday morning/afternoon game, when the amount of dead money in their games of choice might be a little more dry or might not be running at all. This will allow for the perception that there are now fish in the water for their games and hopefully you know the other games enough to rack up.


Maybe this is not a good idea or wouldn't run frequently... who knows! All I know is that I want to deal it. Put me in that game all day long and I would not complain. I just don't like dealing the same game for 8 hours, it bores me.


Also, I would like for people to start spreading some form of triple draw, even if in mix games. The game is starting to get a lot more popular, and I understand why. It is a game of some fun complexity and takes a lot of discipline.

Hopefully there are foxwoods players reading this that have interest.

If you are clueless but would like some tips, look at this...



As for my picture, this has to be one nutty mix game. This is a sign for a game ran at the Imperial Palace. Crazy degenerates over there apparently.

I think online poker being legalized and regulated seems more promising. I think this would be excellent for everyone in the industry.


Here is a recent strategy summary for what the PPA and legislators hope to accomplish in the coming months...



And here is a summary of all current and previous Federal Legislation affecting Online Poker...





Joao

2 comments:

  1. I've played in that IP Mixed game, fun but crazy. The rotation is actually more obscure than the sign you posted, here is a copy of the actual games they spread in the mix.

    http://bit.ly/1GtpBl

    I love mixed games but could do without the following:
    Double Flop Omaha
    3-2-1 Omaha
    4-Card Ocean Crazy Pineapple

    I'd rather see the rotation include Stud, Hold 'Em and Omaha Hi to not alienate the traditional game players so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dealt a 6 card PLO 8/b game at the WSOP this year and that was the craziest I thought I would ever see... but 3-2-1 omaha I think tops it.
    It actually seems like a lot of fun with the 3 dollar max rake and 2 dollar comps. I hope it is still there next time I go back to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete